Sunday 7 February 2010

PLACES - THE ALIEN OR FOREIGN ENVIRONMENT




Here are a selection of my images for the alien or foreign environment which I took at Manchester airport , very early in the morning whilst it was still dark, to give the impression that you are on a spaceship, since it struck me that this was not unlike a spaceship that you see in the movies. The light interested me, because it gives you a sense of calmness because of the blue, cool tones. Because of the curve, IE; leading the eye, you can't wait to see whats around the next corner. I used a Nikon D80 SLR here, ISO 1600 to capture any light trails and give a grainy effect because it is more sensitive to light capture. I used an 18 - 55mm short telephoto lens to allow me to alter my focal length depending on the image I wanted to create, and also this gave me a wider angle in some instances. The shutter speed throughout was 1/25th of a second, at f/5.6.











No comments:

Post a Comment